Sunday, June 27, 2010

Seattle Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon


After 6 months of training, physical therapy, lots of ice and ibuprofin, it's done! I ran in my first official 1/2 marathon yesterday! Me, along with 27,000 other runners, hit the streets in Seattle VERY early yesterday. I left Duvall at 4 am! We started the race in Tukwila (near Southcenter) and ran to Qwest field. There were live bands every mile or so, and LOTS of people, so it made for a "fun" run. It was overcast all morning - perfect weather for a long run.


I learned a few things so next year when I do it again, I'll be even better prepared and can run a better race! So who's going to join me next year? Mark your calendars - June 25, 2011!


I'll take a few days off this week, but then it's back outside for more training - I've got the RAGNAR relay race on the 23rd and 24th of July. Stay tuned - I should have crazy stories from that race. 189 miles, in 2 days (all day and night), a team of 12 ladies, each of us running 3 legs of the race, "sleeping" in sleeping bags on gym floors for a few hours here and there - sounds like fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is super impressive and very difficult sounding! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete